The times when a personal car was a luxury are long gone - now we all need at least one car for the family. The prices for cars in Nigeria range from several hundred thousands to dozens of millions of naira. If you don’t have an endless budget for buying a car, you can find out everything about cheap cars in Nigeria right now.
Shop affordable cars in Nigeria on Jiji
1. How to find your ideal cheap car
Picking a perfect car that doesn’t cost a fortune is almost an art. Some people are born with the talent to spot the right car out of a thousand of vehicles, but if you want to make the smartest choice, here are a few tips.
- Don’t get too focused on the brand and model - pay more attention to the features and condition of the car. When looking for a cheap used car, you risk coming across many cars in a poor condition, and if you don’t see anything besides the make and model, there is a big chance you’ll spend a significant amount of money on a car that you won’t be able to drive.
- If possible, learn more about the seller. Communicating with the seller will not only give you an opportunity to find out the reason the car is being sold, but also give a better idea about the way the car was used for the duration of the seller’s ownership.
- Before you decide to buy the car, have it inspected by a professional and independent mechanic - only then you will be able to tell if the car has any serious defects that the owner has tried to conceal.
2. Where to buy cheap cars in Nigeria
If you’re shopping on a budget, you’re probably looking for a used car. There are two ways to buy a used car in Nigeria. First, you can visit a car market or dealership.
The cars there will be personally selected by the dealer, which means they are less likely to have visible defects. However, in this case you shouldn’t expect the price of your vehicle to be too low, as the dealer always adds a commission to the seller’s price.
The second method of shopping for new used cars in Nigeria has already saved thousands of Nigerian buyers a considerable amount of money. The best way to find a great cheap car is to look on Jiji, where you can buy directly from Nigerian sellers.
Thanks to being able to talk to the seller directly, you can always negotiate the price and conditions of the purchase, arrange a meeting, and become an owner to your ideal car without breaking the bank. Check out thousands of Toyota, Lexus, Volkswagen, Peugeot, Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Ford, Kia, Nissan, and Honda cars from reputable Nigerian sellers on Jiji!
Find thousands of affordable cars in Nigeria on the Jiji app