AHS Apocalypse is the eighth season of the American Horror Story series created by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. Sarah Paulson directed it. The season premiered on Sept 12, 2018, and ran for ten seasons on FX Networks.
The first season of the anthology series premiered on Oct 5, 2011. Each of the AHS seasons took place in different settings while receiving different reactions from fans and critics. So, when does AHS Apocalypse come out on Netflix, and what more do you know about the plot, cast, and episodes of the series?
AHS Apocalypse plot
The season is a crossover of the first and third seasons, Murder House and AHS Coven, respectively. It brought back characters from the two seasons to work along with new characters. The stars in the season include Sarah Paulson, Emilia Ares, Kathy Bates, and Cody Fern, among others. The season also saw the return of Jessica Lange in the series after making only one appearance in the first season.
The eighth season of the series begins with scenes of a nuclear attack as actors seek refuge in secure outposts. Things turn into chaos when Michael Langdon (Cody Fern), a cooperative of representative, arrives unexpectedly. What ensues is the battle between good and evil.
AHS Apocalypse cast
Who are the actors in the eighth season of American Horror Story, and what role does each play in the series?
The American actress plays three characters in the season. She portrays Wilhelmina Venable, a strict leader of outpost 3. She also features as Billie Dean Howard and Cordelia Goode.
Jessica Lange returned to the series since her last appearance in season 4. She plays as Constance Langdon in season 8.
Evans Peters is not a new face in the AHS series. He featured in the first episode as Tate Langdon. He appears in 'Return to Murder House.' Evan Peter also plays as Mr. Gallant, grandson to Joan Collins' character, and he's Coco St. Pierre's hairstylist. He also landed a hotel role as James March.
The actor plays as Michael Langdon, an older version of the demonic child and son of Vivien Harmon.
Billie Lourd's Mallory AHS Apocalypse role portrays her as one of the most powerful witches who can stop Michael Langdon. She is also the assistant to Coco St. Pierre Vanderbilt.
Other casts of AHS Apocalypse are:
- Kathy Bates - Miriam Mead
- Dylan McDermott - Dr. Ben Harmon
- Connie Britton - Vivien Harmon
- Taissa Farmiga - Zoe Benson and Violet Harmon
- Emma Roberts - Madison Montgomery
- Adina Porter - Dinah Stevens
- Leslie Grossman - Coco St. Pierre Vanderbilt
- Gabourey Sidibe - Queenie
- Lily Rabe - Misty Day
- Frances Conroy - Myrtle Snow, Moira
- Stevie Nicks - Herself
- Joan Collins - Evie Gallant
- Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapmanan (Andre)
- Kyle Allen - Timothy Campbell
- Ash Santos – Emily
- Billy Eichner - Brock
- Cheyenne Jackson - John Henry Moore
- Jon Jon Briones - Grand Chancellor Ariel
- Billy Porter - Behold Chablis
AHS Apocalypse episodes
Season eight of America Horror Story treats the audience with ten episodes.
- Episode 1: The End
- Episode 2: The Morning After
- Episode 3: Forbidden Fruit
- Episode 4: Could it be...Satan?
- Episode 5: Boy Wonder
- Episode 6: Return to Murder House
- Episode 7: Traitor
- Episode 8: Sojourn
- Episode 9: Fire and Reign
- Episode 10: Apocalypse Then
AHS Apocalypse ending explained
Crazy and shocking scenes were evident in the last episode of the series. The coven lined up to fight Michael in a fierce battle, but their continuous efforts could not knock him down. Dinah joined hands with Michael but did not last long before she died. Cordelia sacrificed herself, allowing Mallory to use her full powers to finish Michael. All the demons welcomed Mallory for finishing off Satan's son, and she was able to bring back some of her friends.
Satan delivered another son on Earth in a twist of events at the end to continue his mission of destroying the world. All eyes will be on the ninth season, dubbed AHS 1984, to find out what happens next in the series.
A teaser of the film first appeared on the American Horror Story Twitter account on Aug 6, 2018. TV Promos later posted the trailer of the season 8 horror thriller on Sept 5, 2018, on their YouTube account.
When is AHS Apocalypse coming to Netflix?
The long wait for the AHS Apocalypse Netflix release is finally over, and now you can watch and download the season on the site. Season 8 of the horror film was added to the streaming service back in September 2019. What about the AHS Apocalypse Hulu release? Is it available on any other platform? Well, apart from Netflix, you can also watch it on Hulu and Prime Video.
AHS Apocalypse review
Forbidden Fruit, Boy Wonder, and Return to Murder House received the highest ratings among the AHS Apocalypse episodes on Rotten Tomatoes. The three got a 100% rating on the site. In general, the season garnered a 75% critic ratings and 79% from the audience. Other episodes are rated as follows:
- The End: 90%
- The Morning After: 88%
- Could it be...Satan?: 88%
- Traitor: 87%
- Sojourn: 50%
- Fire and Reign: 53%
- Apocalypse Then: 79%
Here are some of the reviews on Rotten Tomato by critics.
- Perri Nemiroff: One giant celebration of the series, one moment after the next, giving me chills.
- Amy West: It's clear that AHS is running out of creative steam, having used up all of its twisted imagination.
- Kristen Baldwin: Even if the primary pleasures of Apocalypse turn out to be based in pure nostalgia, I'm okay with that - weirdly enough, I really missed loving this show.
- Sezín Koehler: 'American Horror Story: Apocalypse' is a gift to the show's long-time fans.
AHS Apocalypse soundtrack
AHS Apocalypse is an exciting series that is worth your time. Fans of horror films will find it interesting to watch. If you have watched the entire season, tell us your best episode in the comment section and the reasons for your choice. You should also look out for AHS 1984, the 9th season of the series that premiered on Sept 18, 2019.