Veterans Day is celebrated annually. This is the holiday that honours people who serve or have served in the American military forces. These Veterans Day quotes will be a wonderful way to celebrate this holiday. They appreciate those who give their all for the safety of the United States.
In America, Veterans Day is the day when everyone can reflect and think about the heroes who made a lot of sacrifices for the nation's prosperity. It is celebrated on on November 11 each year. These Veterans Day sayings will help us understand how thankful we should be to our brave warriors.
Best Veterans Day sayings
- "How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our Heroes and She-roes!" - Maya Angelou.
Quite often, people forget that women fought for our freedom just as bravely as men did. Maya Angelou's beautiful quote reminds us of how much we should treasure both female and male heroes.
- "The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." - Patrick Henry.
Physical strength does not always play the biggest role in the battles. There are a lot of situations when activity, bravery, and wits change the entire story.
- "In the face of impossible odds, people who love this country can change it." - Barack Obama.
The former United States President firmly believes that the love people have for their country can be a defining factor in making positive changes, even if it seems like there is no hope.
- "Honoring the sacrifices many have made for our country in the name of freedom and democracy is the very foundation of Veterans Day." - Charles B. Rangel.
There are so many people who gave their all for the safety and comfort of their descendants and fellow Americans without any hesitation. This is why every year, we celebrate this day and remember their acts of bravery.
- "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." - John F. Kennedy.
One of the most famous Presidents always thought that actions speak much louder than words. In his opinion, dedicating words of appreciation to the veterans is not quite as important as living by their principles and values.
- "This nation will remain the land of the free only as long as it is home of the brave." - Elmer Davis.
These words are mentioned in the American anthem "Star-Spangled Banner." They signify that only bravery leads to freedom.
- "The willingness of America's veterans to sacrifice for our has earned them our lasting gratitude." - Jeff Miller.
Not every person would sacrifice themselves and their comfortable life to ensure that other people live in peace. America's veterans did it, and we have to be grateful to them every day, not only on November 11.
- "In war, there are no unwounded soldiers." - Jose Narosky.
Everyone who comes from war is never the same person anymore. The impact of wars is obvious whenever you speak to someone who has experienced it first-hand.
- "Spending time with America's soldiers is always inspiring." - Former Speaker of the House John Boehner.
Veterans are deep and wise people who have learned a lot of life lessons. For John Boehner, conversations with them are always uplifting and encouraging.
- "In the aftermath, we are because they were." - RJ Heller.
This simple and powerful quote indicates that there would be none of us if some valiant and daring people were not willing to make huge acts of bravery for making sure we have the best lives possible.
Veterans Day is the best time to remember how much the armed forces have done for the greater good of the country. They sacrifice a lot to keep the entire country safe. May their efforts bring them blessings in life.