Dirk Blocker is an American actor whose real name is Dennis Dirk Blocker. He is best known for starring as detective Hitchcock Brooklyn 99 on NBC’s comedy series dubbed Brooklyn Nine-Nine. In the face of being famous on the TV screens, few of his fans know about his age, height, and net worth.
Actor Dirk Blocker is one of the few Americans who started their TV career as early as 16 years old. He began appearing on American screens in 1974. With hard work, resilience, and perfect acting skills, the actor grew his career gradually from being a guest actor to a famous star in a lot of films.
- Name: Dennis Dirk Blocker
- Date of birth: July 31, 1957
- Age: 62 years
- Place of birth: Hollywood, California, US
- Nationality: American
- Dirk Blocker height: 175 cm (1m 75 cm)
- Spouse: Danielle Aubuchon
- Children: 2
- Occupation: Actor
Dirk Blocker background
How old is Dirk Blocker? The actor was born on July 31, 1957, to father, Dan Blocker, and mother, Dolphia Parker. Presently, he is 62 years old. Dennis spent his childhood in Switzerland with his family. There are minimal details about his childhood and teenage life.
The actor attended Santa Barbara City College and Antioch University in California, where he graduated with a B.A. in Liberal Studies.
In 1974, Dennis appeared on American screens for the first time. At 16 years, he starred in an episode of the “Marcus Welby, M.D” film. Since then he has been a guest actor in films such as “X-Files,” “Quantum Leap,” “She Wrote,” “Doogie Howser,” “CHiPs,” “Beverly Hills,” “Texas Ranger,” among others.
At 19 years old, he was among the significant cast of “Baa Baa Black Sheep,” which was a military drama series. He starred as 1st Lieutenant Jerry Bragg from 1976 to 1978. Below is a list of Dirk Blocker movies and TV shows:
- Marcus Welby, M.D. (TV series, 1974) - Benji
- Equinox (TV Movie, 1992) - Red
- Lucas Tanner (TV series, 1974) - Jordan Adair
- Family Holvak (TV series, 1975) - Pete
- Phyllis (TV series, 1976) - Jack
- Baa Baa Black Sheep (TV series, 1976 to 1978) - 1st Lieutenant Jerome Bragg “Jerry”
- CHiPs (TV series, 1978) - Turk
- B.J. and the Bear (TV series, 1979) - Jimmy Lee
- M*A*S*H (TV series, 1981) - James Mathes
- Midnight Madness (TV Movie, 1980) - Green Team, Blaylak
- Raise the Titanic (TV Movie, 1980) - Merker
- The Border (TV Movie, 1982) as Beef
- Starman (TV Movie, 1984) as Cop #1
- Poltergeist (TV Movie, 1982) as Jeff Shaw
- Two of a Kind (TV Movie, 1982) - Barry
- Trouble in Mind (TV Movie, 1985) - Rambo
- Made in Heaven (TV Movie, 1987) - Shorty
- Hunter (TV series, 1987) - Randall Fane in “The Jade Woman” episode
- Pink Cadillac (TV Movie, 1989) - Policeman
- Deadwood (TV Series, 2004) - Jay Johnson
- Criminal Minds (TV Series, 2009) - Trent
- Gun (TV Series, 1997) - Clifford Sutton
- Mad City (TV Movie, 1997) - Bowler
- Cutting Class (TV Movie, 1989) - Coach Harris
Dirk Blocker family
The actor was born in a family of four children. His younger brother David is also an actor and a producer who has starred in films like “Return Engagement,” “Made in Heaven,” and “Into the Wild.” Dennis also has twin sisters by the name Danna Blocker and Debbie Blocker.
His father, Dan Blocker, was an actor too. Dan was best known for playing the role of Hoss Cartwright in the recurring NBC Western series, "Bonanza." Other than acting, he was also a footballer, a Korean war veteran, and a bouncer.
On May 13, 1972, while Dan and his family were living in Switzerland, he passed away aged 43 years due to surgery complications. Dolphia Lee Blocker, Dirk Dennis’s mother, took the role of being a mother and also a father to her four children.
In 1990, Dirk Dennis married Danielle Aubuchon, with whom they are blessed with two children. Little is known about his wife as she is not in the limelight. Here is one of Dirk Blocker photos of his wedding;
Dirk Blocker height
Looking at the actor’s photos, you might notice that he is neither too tall and neither is he short. His real height is estimated to be 175 centimeters.
Dirk Blocker net worth
Dennis has been acting since 1974, meaning that he has been in the industry for over four decades now. Over the years, he has made and accumulated riches from his career. He is estimated to be worth US$ 3 million.
Dirk Blocker is an experienced actor who has been in the industry for over four decades now. His acting skills in every film he stars in usually win the hearts of the audience. The actor is a perfect example that following your passion and dream can make you stand out in a crowd and earn you a living.