Seth Rogen started his career as a teenage comedian. Today, he stands to be counted as one of Hollywood's most celebrated actors. He is a script wright, actor, and voice-over artist with an enviable deep husky voice often heard in animations. His most noticeable works include The Spiderwick Chronicles, Kung Fu Panda, and Monster Vs. Alien.
As a child, Seth Rogen sold his heart to art. His dream was to become a comedian. Therefore, he began to perform stand-up comedy at an early age of eleven. Around the same time, the fledgling comedian attended a comedy workshop taught by the famous Mark Pooley. Luckily for him, he not only made a name for himself in comedy but also in the film industry.
Seth Rogen profile summary
- Name: Seth Aaron Rogen
- Date of birth: April 15, 1982
- Place of birth: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Current residence: Los Angeles, California
- Zodiac sign: Aries
- Ethnicity: Caucasian (Russian and Jewish descent)
- Nationality: Canadian-American
- Height: 5 ft 11 inches (180 cm)
- Weight: 88 kgs (194 pounds)
- Eye color: Light Brown
- Hair color: Light brown
- Wife: Lauren Miller Rogen
- Occupation: Actor, writer, and producer
Who is Seth Rogen?
The Hollywood star was born as Seth Aaron Rogen on April 15, 1982, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. He was born to Mark, his actor father, and Sandy, a social worker. He also has a sister, Danya Rogen. His parents are American and Canadian nationals, a fact that made him acquire both American and Canadian citizenship. His mother is Canadian while his father is American.
Early life and education
The talented actor attended the Vancouver Talmud Torah Elementary School for his elementary education. He later joined the Point Grey Secondary School for his high school studies. As a child, the actor had a burning desire to become a comedian. He, therefore, began to perform at a tender age. Later on, he dropped out of school to focus on his dream.
In 1998, the comedian bagged the Vancouver Amateur Comedy Contest at the age of sixteen. This award made him attractive to movie-makers who began seeking him. He began acting on TV, with his first role being Ken Miller in Freaks and Geeks. The series was short-lived, and the actor moved on to his next project.
In 2003, he landed a scriptwriting role for the TV series Da Ali G Show, alongside other writers. The show was a success, and the team of writers got nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award in 2004.
These wins made the actor more attractive to Hollywood managers. In 2005, he starred in Apatow's buddy comedy The 40-Year-Old Virgin. The film was well-received by everyone. The audience fell in love with his character. This is not surprising given that he co-produced it and added a personal touch to his dialogue.
The 2005 comedy brought him to the limelight, thus ushering his career to new levels of success. In 2007, he landed a lead role in a romantic comedy dubbed Knocked Up. The movie was produced on a budget of $30 million. It became a box office hit and received an 85 percent approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. It also grossed $219 million, making it one of Apatow's most commercially successful films at the time.
From 2007, the actor went on to write, act, and produce numerous films and TV series. He also did a lot of voice-overs. Some of his notable acts include Sausage Party, Superbad, Kung Fu Panda, Pineapple Express, Horton Hears a Who!, The Simpsons, and American Dad.
Seth Rogen Lion King
The remake of the 1994 animated musical, Lion King, was one of the most exciting events in 2019. The new film had a new twist that sought to bring everyone in on the party. It incorporated great celebrities, such as Beyonce and celebrated actors like Seth.
He voiced Pumbaa, a warthog who rescued Timon and Simba. Timon and Simba were voiced by Billy Eicher and Donald Glover, respectively. He also sang three songs in the movie that were added to the soundtrack release. The seasoned actor said that he knew Pumbaa was a role that he would deliver on with great success. He said;
As an actor, I don't think I'm right for every role — there are a lot of roles I don't think I'm right for even in movies I'm making — but Pumbaa was one I knew I could do well.
The movie became one of the highest-grossing films of all time. Eicher and Rogen got commended for their conspicuous chemistry.
Apart from Lion King, he also produced Good boys. This is a Universal Pictures comedy film starring Jacob Trembley. He also produced two TV shows, that is, Black Monday and The Boys. He directed Black Monday together with Goldberg.
Seth Rogen movies and TV series
Here is a list of films and TV series that the actor has appeared in;
- 2020 - An American Pickle (post-production) - Herschel Greenbaum
- 2019 - Zeroville - Viking Man
- 2019 - The Boys - appeared as himself
- 2019 - The Innocents - appeared as himself (uncredited)
- 2019 - The Lion King - Pumbaa (voice)
- 2019 - The Twilight Zone - Adam Wegman / Himself
- 2019 - Blurryman - Adam Wegman / Himself
- 2019 - Long Shot - Fred Flarsky
- 2018-2019 - Drunk History - Victor Frankenstein / Vlad the Impaler
- 2019 - Future Man - Susan
- 2018 - The Jim Jefferies Show - Cole Kleen
- 2018 - Like Father - Jeff
- 2018 - The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale - The Guy Who Claims to Be Seth Rogen
- 2018 - Netflix Acquires Seth Rogen (Short) - Himself
- 2018 - Arizona - Gary (uncredited)
- 2017 - The Disaster Artist - Sandy
- 2017 - Dumpster Diving (short video) - Bryan
- 2017 - Friends from College - Paul Dobkin / Party Dog
- 2017 - Dr. Ken - Himself
- 2016 - Neighbors 3: Zombies Rising - Mac
- 2016 - Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising - Mac Radner
- 2016 - Sausage Party - Frank / Sergeant Pepper
- 2016 - Kung Fu Panda 3 - Mantis
- 2016 - Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Scroll - Mantis (voice)
- 2015 - The Night Before - Isaac
- 2011-2015 - The League - Dirty Randy
- 2015 - Last Week Tonight with John Oliver - Husband
- 2015 - Steve Jobs - Steve Wozniak
- 2013-2015 - Kroll Show - Bill Walton / Trav / Various Characters
- 2015 - Broad City - Male Stacy
- 2014 - The Interview - Aaron Rapaport
- 2014 - Saturday Night Live - Himself / James Franco
- 2014 - The Comeback - Himself
- 2014 - Seth Rogen's Jewish-Canadian-American Thanksgiving
- 2014 - Cops, Cum, Dicks, and Flying - Officer Durand
- 2014 - Rubberhead - Officer Durand (segment "Knickers")
- 2014 - The Sound and the Fury - Telegraph Operator
- 2014 - Dave Skylark's Very Special VMA Special (TV movie) - Aaron Rappaport
- 2014 - 22 Jump Street - Morton Schmidt (uncredited)
- 2014 - Neighbors - Mac Radner
- 2014 - Jimmy Kimmel Live! - Double Rainbow Guy
- 2009-2014 - The Simpsons - Himself / Lyle McCarthy
- 2013 - James Franco & Seth Rogen: Bound 3
- 2013 - The ArScheerio Paul Show - Gary Coleman
- 2013 - The Real World: This Is the End Edition - Himself
- 2013 - This Is the End - Himself
- 2013 - Arrested Development - Young George Bluth
- 2013 - Burning Love - Roger
- 2013 - Seth Rogen = Worst Person in the World - Himself
- 2013 - The Mindy Project - Sam Kleinfeld
- 2012 - The Guilt Trip - Andrew Brewster
- 2012 - Shrek's Thrilling Tales - B.O.B. (voice)
- 2012 - First Look: Ultimate Teaser Trailer - Trailer Actor
- 2012 - Eastbound & Down - Texas Pitcher
- 2012 - For a Good Time, Call - Jerry
- 2011 - Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Masters - Mantis (voice)
- 2011 - Night of the Living Carrots - B.O.B. (voice)
- 2011 - 50/50 - Kyle
- 2011 - Take This Waltz - Lou
- 2011 - Kung Fu Panda 2 - Mantis
- 2011 - Beastie Boys: Make Some Noise - Mike D
- 2011 - Paul - Paul (voice)
- 2011 - Beastie Boys: Fight for Your Right Revisited - Mike D (B-Boys 1)
- 2011 - The Green Hornet - Britt Reid / The Green Hornet
- 2010 - Kung Fu Panda Holiday - Mantis (voice)
- 2009 - The Lonely Island: Like a Boss - Manager (uncredited)
- 2009 - Monsters vs. Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins from Outer Space - B.O.B. (voice)
- 2009 - B.O.B.'s Big Break - B.O.B. (voice)
- 2009 - Funny People - Ira Wright
- 2009 - Monsters vs. Aliens - B.O.B. (voice)
- 2009 - Family Guy - Himself
- 2009 - Observe and Report - Ronnie
- 2009 - Monsters vs. Aliens - B.O.B. (voice)
- 2009 - Fanboys - Admiral Seasholtz / Alien / Roach
- 2008 - Zack and Miri Make a Porno - Zack
- 2008 - Pineapple Express - Dale Denton
- 2008 - Step Brothers - Sporting Goods Manager
- 2008 - Kung Fu Panda - Mantis (voice)
- 2008 - Horton Hears a Who! - Morton (voice)
- 2008 - The Spiderwick Chronicles - Hogsqueal (voice)
- 2007 - Superbad - Officer Michaels
- 2007 - Jay and Seth Versus the Apocalypse (Short) - Himself
- 2007 - Shrek the Third - Ship Captain (voice)
- 2007 - Knocked Up - Ben Stone
- 2006 - Help Me Help You - Himself
- 2006 - American Dad! - Student
- 2006 - You, Me and Dupree - Neil
- 2005 - Early Bird (TV movie) - Bart
- 2005 - The 40-Year-Old Virgin - Cal
- 2004 - Wake Up, Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie - Eager Cameraman
- 2004 - Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy - Eager Cameraman
- 2001-2003 - Undeclared - Ron Garner
- 2003 - Dawson's Creek - Bob
- 2001 - Donnie Darko - Ricky Danforth
- 1999-2000 - Freaks and Geeks - Ken Miller
Seth Rogen age, and height
How old is Seth Rogen? The actor is set to celebrate his birthday on April 15 of this year. As of now, he is 37 years old.
Seth Rogen height is five feet and eleven inches.
Seth Rogen weight loss
His role in Green Hornet gave birth to the idea of weight loss. Before the movie, the seasoned comedian was chubby. How worked his way to 190 lbs in ten weeks. During this period, the actor lost 30lbs. To achieve this, the actor combined dieting with an effective workout plan.
Seth Rogen wife
The actor is married to actress Lauren Miller. They met at a night party through friends. Unlike many first dates, theirs was marked by a car crash that left the actor's car destroyed. The two made it out alive and wedded in 2011.
Seth Rogen net worth
According to Celebrity Net Worth, the comedian is said to have an estimated net worth of $55 million. Apart from entertainment, the actor has an interest in the Cannabis business.
Seth Rogen has risen to become a global brand thanks to his authentic acting and writing style. He also has a successful marriage. He took a chance on himself, and it paid well. He is a true inspiration.