People like Josh Brolin make your watching experience worthwhile. This can be proven by his famous role as supervillain Thanos in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He started appearing as Thanos in the 2014 movie, Guardians of the Galaxy. Other than this role, the seasoned actor has starred in drama movies, comedies, western films, and thrillers. He also has a rich personal life that will awe you.
The American actor has appeared in popular movies such as Mimic, The Goonies, Hollow Man, No Country for Old Men, Grindhouse, American Gangster, Milk, W., True Grit, Inherent Vice, Men in Black 3, Sicario, Hail, Deadpool 2, and Caesar! He has also been a nominee at the Independent Spirit Awards, Screen Actors Guild Awards, Critics' Choice Movie Awards, and Academy Awards.
Josh Brolin profile summary
- Full name: Joshua James Brolin
- Date of birth: February 12, 1968
- Place of birth: Santa Monica, California, the U.S
- Occupation: Actor
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: White
- Parents: James Brolin (father), Jane Cameron Agee (mother)
- Wife: Kathryn Boyd
- Children: Trevor Mansur (1988), Eden (1994), and Westlyn Reign (2018)
- Eye color: Light brown
- Height: 5' 8"
- Build: Average
- Hair color: Black
The 51-year-old stands to be counted as one of the most accomplished entertainers in Hollywood today. This is his story, from career to personal life.
The actor was born on February 12, 1968, in Santa Monica, California. He was born to an actor father, James Brolin (born Kenneth Craig Bruderlin) and a wildlife activist mother, Jane Cameron, a.k.a Agee. Jane was a native of Corpus Christi, Texas.
Josh was brought up on his father's ranch situated in Templeton, California, with limited exposure to his dad's acting career. His dad, James, had an illustrious career. He is a two-time winner of the coveted Golden Globe Awards and a one time winner of the famous Emmy Awards.
When he was sixteen, his parents went their separate ways, leaving the actor together with his sibling under the care of their mother. He has a blood brother called Jess and a half-sister (from his father's second marriage) by the name of Molly Elizabeth.
The actor was not your typical obedient student at school. He often joined the wrong groups. However, his love for stage and acting was his saving grace. He took part in school plays, and like his father, he was good at it. His skills on stage were so good that it got the attention of Stella Adler and Sandra Seacat, popular American teachers of Theater Arts. He enrolled for their lessons while pursuing his normal schooling at Santa Barbara Senior High school and Templeton High school.
Like most beginners, the actor was assigned guest roles in TV shows and TV film gigs before joining the big boys on the big screen. This period did not last long. He landed a role in the 1985 movie The Goonies, as Brandon Walsh. He unsuccessfully competed for a role in 21 Jump Street against his good friend Johnny Depp. However, he did not walk away empty-handed as he guest-starred in the first season of the show.
He got his second film gig in the film Trashin. After the film, the actor took a long break from the acting. During his break, he was a cast in stage plays in Rochester, New York, alongside Anthony Zerbe, his buddy, and mentor.
One of his prominent series in his early days includes The Young Raides, where he appeared as Wild Bill Hickok. The series aired from 1989 to 1992. He was also a cast in the 1994 series Winnetka Road and Mister Sterling that aired in 2003. These two series were canceled.
In the late 2000s, the actor landed more villain roles in movies, including on Planet Terror, Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, American Gangster, and Milk. He went ahead to play the lead role in the Academy Award-winning movie, No Country for Old Men.
In 2008, the veteran actor starred in W. This was a biopic that chronologically re-lives key major events in the life of a former U.S. President, George W. Bush.
The actor received an Oscar nomination for his role as Dan White in Milk. White assassinated Mayor George Moscone and Harvey Milk, a San Francisco supervisor. He was nominated for the Best Supporting Actor. Other than this nomination, the actor won the NBR and NYFCC Awards for Best Supporting Actor. He also got nominated for SAG Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role.
In 2010, he starred in Jonah Hex, a story based on DC Comics' character. In 2012 and 2013, the actor played the role of Kevin Brown/Agent K in Men in Black 3, and John O'Mara in Gangster Squad, respectively.
In 2017, it was announced that Josh would play Thanos in the 2018 film, Avengers: Infinity War within the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He maintained his role in the 2019 sequel, Avengers: Endgame. He shows his character through voice acting and motion capture performances.
In 2017, the seasoned actor put ink on paper on a four-year agreement with 20th Century Fox studios. This deal would see him play the role of Nathan Summers/Cable in Marvel Comics' X-Men film series. The 2018 film Deadpool 2 was his first deliverable as per the contract. He is also set to feature, with the same role, in Fox's X-Force movie.
Josh Brolin movies and TV series
The actor has featured in numerous movies and TV series. Here is a complete list of all the projects he has been involved in:
- The Untitled Josh Brolin Project - as himself
- X-Force - Nathan Summers / Cable
- 2021 - What If - Thanos
- Flag Day (post-production)
- 2020 - Dune - Gurney Halleck
- 2019 - Avengers: Endgame - Thanos
- 2018 - Asesinato en el Hormiguero Express - Josh Brolin
- 2018 - Sicario: Day of the Soldado - Matt Graver
- 2018 - Deadpool 2 - Cable
- 2018 - Avengers: Infinity War - Thanos
- 2018 - The Legacy of a Whitetail Deer Hunter - Buck Ferguson
- 2017 - Only The Brave - Eric Marsh
- 2016 - Hail, Caesar! - Eddie Mannix
- 2015 - Everest - Beck Weathers
- 2015 - Sicario - Matt Graver
- 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron - Thanos
- 2014 - Inherent Vice - Lt. Det. Christian F. "Bigfoot" Bjornsen
- 2014 - Sin City: A Dame to Kill For - Dwight
- 2014 - Guardians of the Galaxy - Thanos
- 2013 - Oldboy - Joe Doucett
- 2013 - Labor Day - Frank
- 2013 - Gangster Squad - Sgt. John O'Mara
- 2012 - Men in Black 3 - Young Agent K
- 2012 - Jimmy Kimmel Live! - George W. Bush
- 2010 - True Grit - Tom Chaney
- 2010 - Jonah Hex: Behind the Scenes ~ B-Roll 2 - Jonah Hex
- 2010 - Jonah Hex - Jonah Hex
- 2010 - You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger - Roy
- 2010 - Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps - Bretton James
- 2009 - Women in Trouble - Nick Chapel
- 2008 - Milk - Dan White
- 2008 - W. - George W. Bush
- 2007 - American Gangster - Detective Trupo
- 2007 - In the Valley of Elah - Chief Buchwald
- 2007 - Planet Terror - Dr. William Block
- 2007 - To Each His Own Cinema (segment "World cinema")
- 2007 - World Cinema - Cowboy
- 2007 - No Country for Old Men - Llewelyn Moss
- 2007 - Grindhouse - Block (segment "Planet Terror")
- 2006 - The Dead Girl - Tarlow
- 2005 - Murder Book - Det. Gilroy
- 2005 - Into the Blue - Bates
- 2005 - Into the West - Jedediah Smith
- 2004 - Melinda and Melinda - Greg Earlinger
- 2003 - Mister Sterling - Bill Sterling
- 2003 - Milwaukee, Minnesota - Gary
- 2002 - Coastlines - Dave Lockhart
- 2001 - D.C. Smalls - D.C. Smalls
- 2000 - Slow Burn - Duster
- 2000 - Hollow Man - Matthew Kensington
- 2000 - Picnic - Hal Carter
- 1999 - All the Rage - Tennel
- 1999 - Best Laid Plans - Bryce
- 1999 - The Mod Squad - Billy
- 1997 - My Brother's War - Pete
- 1997 - Mimic - Josh
- 1997 - Nightwatch - James
- 1996 - Gang in Blue - Keith DeBruler
- 1996 - Flirting with Disaster - Agent Tony Kent
- 1996 - Bed of Roses - Danny
- 1995 - The Outer Limits - Jack Pierce
- 1994 - The Road Killers - Tom
- 1994 - Winnetka Road - Jack Passion
- 1989-1992 - The Young Riders - James Butler Hickok
- 1989 - Finish Line - Glenn Shrevelow
- 1987-1988 - Private Eye - Johnny Betts
- 1987 - 21 Jump Street - Taylor Rolator
- 1987 - Prison for Children
- 1986 - Highway to Heaven - Josh Bryant
- 1986 - Thrashin' - Corey Webster
- 1985 - Cyndi Lauper: The Goonies 'R' Good Enough - Brand
- 1985 - The Goonies - Brand
Josh Brolin wife
The actor has been married thrice and fathered three children in the three marriages. His first wife was Alice Adair, who he married in 1988. The two got their children Eden and Trevor in the years 1994 and 1988 respectively. Unfortunately, they went their separate ways in 1994.
Soon after his divorce, the actor got engaged to Minnie Driver. The two, however, ended their wedding plans six months into their engagement.
He then married his second wife, Diane Lane, in a colorful wedding in the year 2004. The couple got divorced in 2013.
In 2016, the veteran actor met his current wife, Kathryn Boyd. She is an ex-model. The two tied the knot in 2016. Two years later, they welcomed their girl child, Westlyn Reign.
Josh Brolin net worth
According to Celebrity Net Worth, the actor boasts of an average net worth of $35 million. This places him among the richest entertainers in the world.
Josh Brolin age
Currently, the actor is 51 years old. However, he is a few days away from his 52nd birthday on February 12. Hopefully, Josh Brolin 2020 birthday will be exciting.
Josh Brolin height
The Marvel Cinematic Universe actor is five feet and ten inches tall. He weighs 80 kilograms. His chest-waist-hip measurements are 42-32-37, respectively.
Josh Brolin Instagram
Josh Brolin photos are best viewed through his Instagram page. We have put together some of his best photos for you to see;
Josh is keeping things cool and easy.
Brolin cleaning the pool.
Josh Brolin rose beyond discouragement and failure to become a celebrated actor in Hollywood. He has appeared in some of the most notable films in the world. He is also an accomplished family man.